Fruit of the Loom, an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. & leading international basic apparel company, has an immediate opening for an Shift Manager at its Distribution Center in Montgomery,
The Shift Manager coordinates the Distribution Center operations on their assigned shift, warehouse though shipping. As directed, they manage the teams and production associates assigned to their shift. The Shift Manager is responsible for enhancing customer
service by resolving operational issues and ensuing the efficient and punctual delivery of goods and services. May promote employee engagement process and DC continuous improvement objectives.
All employees are held accountable for the following responsibilities which are measured in performance reviews:
-Understands the Standard Operating Procedures for the job and performs the job in a safe manner.
Performance Standards/Quantity of Work
-Meets the performance standards established for the job.
-Meets the quality standards for the position.
-Looks for ways to make things better.
-Shares information and works together with others to promote, support, and achieve established goals. Follows directives as assigned by management.
Knowledge of Job
-Understands the principles, concepts, techniques, and requirements necessary to accomplish the job duties and to comply with all Company policies and procedures.
Problem Solving/Decision Making
-Identifies problems and recommends potential solutions.
-Understands the importance of being at work on time and on a regular basis.
- Oversees and directs daily distribution center functions, including receiving, warehouse storage and retrieval and shipping, while working within operational constraints.
- Ensures shift HR, payroll, and other reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Coordinates inventory stocking status and product replenishment for the departments.
- Mediates organizational challenges between administration and department managers and enforces compliance with administrations and operational policy and procedures.
- Communicates with Operations Manager to help ensure function and efficiency of core DC operations.
- Assists in improvement of distribution methods utilizing knowledge of product, storage and retrieval methods.
- Responsible for the detailed management of aged inventory integrity.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of the physical inventory.
- Promotes safety within the plant.
5+ years of distribution/logistics work experience; inclusive of 2+ years of management experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; professional certification in inventory management or distribution management is a plus.
Solid grasp of receipt, storage, retrieval, shipping and transportation methods and operating procedures.
Must have a background in automated inventory control managements systems and integration processes.
Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign).
Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift.
Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, vacation, holidays, and 401k.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,national origin,sex,protect veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
It is the policy of the Company to employ personnel entirely on the individual’s qualifications. Selections are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic characteristics, or any other protected status or any other category protected by federal, state of local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Reasonable.Accommodations@fotlinc.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.